*throws confetti everywhere*
I’ve heard so much about 2016 already that I’ve written it on papers a couple of times, and I’m glad it’s finally here. 🙂
I’d like to have lots of goals for the New Year, but the ‘checklist’ posts I’ve been doing are something I enjoy. They’re smaller, shorter-term affairs that keep me accountable on a regular basis and I plan to continue them.
Nonetheless. . .
A few long-term goals:
- Optimistically, do a first round of querying by the end of the year.
- Start an Etsy shop or the like.
- Wake up every morning motivated.
Last Month: December 2015:
The gift I finished. It is personalized art I hope to sell as part of a business. Curiously, we never got around to doing a Christmas card. I revamped the first act of my novel, and I think I’ll go in for another round for beta-reading soon.
This Month: January 2016
- start plans for a senior recital/graduation party because I’m graduating this year! *throws more confetti*
- A no-heat challenge for my poor, befrizzled hair.
- Make more time for music practice in preparation for piano lessons.
A few highlights from last year:
I got glasses, started this blog, wrote my second book, and sang my first solo, and saw the ocean, among other things.
My favorite bookish post: Peter’s Character Interview
My favorite book review: Freckles by Gene Stratton-Porter.
My favorite new author: This is definitely a toss-up between John Buchan and P.G. Wodehouse, but I think Wodehouse takes the prize.
All in all, 2015 treated me well, and I’m really excited about the coming year and what it will bring to me and this blog. A big happy thank you to all the new friends who have been so welcoming, for all your comments and interest, and to everyone who had a part in making 2015 so special! Cheers!